Sunday, May 13, 2007

  1. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to mommy Bessie! I really wanna thank God for my mom. She's the greatest women in my heart. I can't help but recalling all the hardship that we went through together when I was still young, even before I could imagine I would have two cute sisters (coming along the way). We were really poor then. I remembered the best meal I ever had during my childhood was 2 fried eggs with baked beans, that was on my sixth birthday. Mum would say, "Xi4 wai3, xi4 wai3..." which means 'pitiful' in FuChao. I didn't understand what it means back then, so happy and satisfied with my eggs and beans. But now I understand that mommy was trying her best to provide for me. "I'm so proud of you, mommy neo!" Thank God for her. I hope she'll be happy the rest of her life. And to all the great moms out there, Happy Mother's Day, everyday.

  2. "Chris! Help!" Suddenly, in the middle of the service, my housemate has a severe pain in his neck. While I was trying to pray for healing, he said he can't take it anymore, he needs to go to the hospital. So we went. Thank God he's better now, resting upstairs. Interestingly, he actually described the pain as, "I felt like dying!" He never ever came close to thinking about death before that incident, he said. Yeah, usually young people like us don't. It's pretty deep ya' know. Yet, it is very practical to think about death. What would you think about death? To me, death + salvation = hope in eternity. Thank God that he ensured to us peace though this hope. Receive Jesus, if you have not.

No comments: